Monday, January 11, 2016

PETER SELLERS HATED CLOCKWORK ORANGE


Our fellow Kubrick fans over at the Dangerous Minds website have dug up a 1972 interview with Kubrick veteran Peter Sellers conducted by Kubrick fan Gene Siskel in which the former replies to the latter's query re: Stanley's latest in the bluntest possible terms:
I hated ‘A Clockwork Orange.’ I thought it was the biggest load of crap I’ve ever seen for years. Amoral. I think because of the violence around today it’s lamentable that a director of Stanley Kubrick’s distinction and ability should lend himself to such a subject. I’m not saying that you can’t pick up that book [the Anthony Burgess novel upon which the film is based], read it, and put it down. But to make it as a film, with all the violence we have in the world today – to add to it, to put it on show – I just don’t understand where Stanley is at.
There's more. Read all about it at Dangerous Minds.

3 comments:

  1. And Burt Reynolds hated "Boogie Nights". Arguably his best role, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree, Donnie. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
    2. I 100% agree, Donnie. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete